What are the applications of pressure gauges in medical devices? What are the types of pressure gauges?
A pressure gauge commonly used in high-pressure environments, capable of measuring and displaying medium pressure. At present, pressure gauges are widely used in industrial and medical fields. Many people may have heard of pressure gauges, but their specific pressure performance may not be very clear. So, what are the applications of pressure gauges in medical devices? What are the types of pressure gauges? Through this article, let’s take a closer look together.
What are the types of pressure gauges?
The current types of pressure gauges mainly include axial ordinary pressure gauge, high-precision pressure gauge, diaphragm ordinary pressure gauge, electronic pressure gauge, digital pressure gauge, spring tube pressure gauge, mechanical pressure gauge, etc. In different scenarios and fields, it is necessary to choose the appropriate type of pressure gauge based on measurement requirements.
What are the applications of pressure gauges in medical devices?
The function of a pressure gauge is not only reflected in displaying and controlling pressure, but also plays a significant role in preventing accidents. As for the application of pressure gauges in medical devices, there are mainly these aspects:
(1) In surgical procedures, a pressure gauge can help doctors test the pressure of the surgical knife, accurately understand its pressure, and adjust the surgical force to the appropriate position. So, pressure gauges play a very important role in the success of surgery;
(2) The pressure gauge used in a ventilator can help doctors better understand the patient’s breathing situation. According to the patient’s condition displayed on the pressure gauge, doctors can make appropriate adjustments to the parameters of the ventilator;
(3) There is a disposable pressure gauge that is commonly used in medical devices. In terms of application scenarios, it can play a good auxiliary role in places such as clinics, ambulances, and hospitals when measuring blood pressure or conducting medical examinations. Because it can detect the fluctuation of blood pressure in a timely manner, it enables doctors to detect changes in the patient’s condition in a timely manner, greatly improving the treatment effect and having a significant impact;
(4) The built-in pressure gauge used in the field of pharmaceutical packaging not only has a long service life, but also does not damage the membrane and can withstand high pressure. This type of pressure gauge is generally achieved by installing a pressure reducing valve;
(5) A pressure gauge can be used in treatments such as infusion and hemodialysis, and it can detect changes in the pressure of the dialyzer. Similarly, during the infusion process, the pressure gauge can display the infusion pressure and speed, ensuring the safety of the infusion process.
In summary, the application of pressure gauges in medical devices is quite extensive. In addition to the medical device field, pressure gauges can also be used in industries such as automotive and laboratory testing, as well as food processing. Its safety and stability are very good, and it can measure the pressure of various media well, providing people with more accurate references.