Dearborn, Michigan, on March 30, 2020, Ford Motor Company and GE Healthcare announced that they will start production of third-party ventilators in Michigan. The goal is to produce 50,000 urgently needed ventilators within 100 days. As part of this program, Elsa is honored to have the opportunity to provide all MRI diaphragm pressure gauges for the ventilator.
- Ford, in collaboration with GE Healthcare, will leverage the design of Airon Corp.’s FDA-cleared ventilator to produce in Michigan
- With the full weight of the UAW behind the venture and the full power of Ford and GE Healthcare, production of the GE/Airon Model A-E ventilator is targeted to start the week of April 20 at Ford’s Rawsonville (Mich.) Components Plant
- Ford expects to produce 50,000 of the ventilators within the next 100 days, with the ability to produce 30,000 a month thereafter as needed
- The simplified ventilator design – licensed by GE Healthcare from Florida-based Airon Corp. – is responsive to the needs of most COVID-19 patients, and operates on air pressure without the need for electricity
- This unique, go-fast initiative comes in addition to the previously announced program by Ford and GE Healthcare to increase the production capacity of existing GE Healthcare ventilators